Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Strip hotels with in room coffee makers.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a must. Which ones have them? Apparently, many do not. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at Ballys on Tuesday and the had a coffee maker and Wolfgang Puck coffee packets.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 10:11 AM

Interesting--we stayed at Bally's in December, and there wsn't a coffee maker in the room. Maybe we were in the cheap seats.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Okay... at least I know now that if we stay at Bally's we should request a room with one. LOL.

Any ohters?
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM

At Bill's, coffee makers are available on request. Some rooms at Paris have coffeemakers. As much as I like coffee first thing, my husband goes downstairs for it, so we don't bother booking rooms because they have coffee makers. You can always buy a coffee pot when you get there if you really have to have one in the room (or bring a travel size). It's easy enough to find creamers and sugar packets all over.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

This is going to be a one-night stay so buying a coffee maker would not be practical. It looks like the Venetian's rooms have them and so does the Mirage, so there a are a few options. That's good to know that some of the Paris rooms have them also. That is the hotel that was suggested to us based on location.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the tip about Bill's, djkbooks - we'll be staying there this week, and I do like a cup of coffee first thing in the morning while I'm getting dressed and ready for the day. Now I'll know to request a coffee maker!
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 07:40 PM

iamg, It will make economic sense if you end up ordering room service instead. That will cost about twice as much as a cheap coffee maker from WalMart or Target, and then leave it there. We've done it many times as have others here, from what I've read.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 07:48 PM

At Bally's there's a coffee stand in front of the Front Desk--if you can leave your room before you have your first cup
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM

Bill..
We bring our French Press and its perfect for that good strong cup in the morning...doesn't take up that much room and we grind our coffee before hand with the sugar in the raw and we buy a small half/half.
Especially if you are heading out for a week plus.
Every concierge will have a coffee maker sent up to your room.
The mentality behind the no coffee makers is the 'lingering' in your room vs. out there on the floor, spending your $$..
We also have a pot brought from room service up but that can be way too expensive when you just need a good strong cup to get you morning started.
We love the Wynn and some really great deals right now via e-mail sign up or expedia..just depends on when you are going.
Great food too.
Have a great time!
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 08:43 PM

Venetian is one of my favorites if they have a coffee maker 0 I say stay there...whatever they pump into the vents makes it smell divine and my I use to have a wonderful make up artist @ the Canyon Ranch I would go and see and he would make me look like a princess
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 08:12 AM

I just stayed at the Venetian last week and there was no coffeemaker in the room, nor in the Palazzo. I'm not sure where that info came from. Maybe they are available on request but they aren't standard.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM

PS: From the Venetian website:

Does my suite have a coffeemaker?
Coffeemakers are not available in any of the suites.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:04 AM

For a one night stay, I'd just use room service.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

I'm liking the room service idea more and more.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM

I recall the Venetian having that in house air freshener crap that scared us away from enjoying the property for too long. That could certainly screw up a fresh brew. Not sure if that is still a problem.
I'd search for the best hotel at the best price/deal and get room service or stop at the hotel cafe for a takeout cup.
Although we liked the Wynn, we really enjoyed the pools at Bellagio and enjoying a coffee and yogurt/fruit/granola poolside from the little coffee shop. And strolling the gardens and art late at night when the crowds are gone. But it has been a few years. They actually had free refills back den.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 04:42 PM

MGM Signature
also non smoking
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sorry. I always try to provide accurate information when I post.
The coffee maker and Wolfgang Puck Coffee were NOT at Bally's on the strip in Vegas.
It was our next night ,at The Sedona Motel when I encountered the coffee brewer.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 04:35 AM

The coffee at the Wynn is wonderful so for just one night and their $109 or $159 specials... I'd be lazy and enjoy without worrying about it!
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 05:28 AM

Hi Bill,
If i recall, this is also a national parks trip for you, too? If so, the parks don't usually have coffee pots either. We usually drive on long road trips and its easy to take. But the time we flew west, and also to the UK where their coffee is pretty bad, i packed one just in case.

Find a 4 cup model, usually under $20, and separate the carafe from the unit. I packed the carafe in my checked luggage, filled and surrounded with it tees ect, and it arrived intact. I carried on the actual unit, again surrounded by misc things. It didn't take much room at all and once we got our rental, just threw it in the back. I left it in vegas before we flew home; VERY small investment for much return! I was VERY happy to have it with me in several nat'l parks and also vegas as i need a cup with my first step outa bed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -