Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Solo in Hawaii (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/solo-in-hawaii-1064600/)

mauiorbust Jul 22nd, 2015 08:09 PM

Solo in Hawaii

Visited Maui as a pre-teen and had the most magnificent time, including a pinch me experience in Hana paradise. Now a young 38 y/o looking for a resorative experience on a solo trip to Hawaii. And ASAP--must get away soon. Leaving from LA, CA for a 7 day (?) stay. I think re-visiting Maui, specifically Hana, is a must. Original Hotel Hana under construction. Would love other suggestions for a/an (traditional) alternative. I'd LOVE to avoid kid-overflowing accommodations in Maui and elsewhere. Undecided price range for hotels (b/c flight prices are TBD). Also how to spend the rest of my Hawaii vacation. Want a range of experiences. Chill time on beaches/in ocean, day excursion(s,) pampering, non-touristy shops (if those exist) and night-life. Please help? So many thanks in advance. :0)

Inakauaidavidababy Jul 23rd, 2015 06:54 AM

We stayed here this year, our 4th visit to Hana. Great owners and some late August availability. At the time Travassa felt like a ghost town.

http://www.vrbo.com/572934

suze Jul 23rd, 2015 10:21 AM

If I were going solo to Maui, I'd base in Lahaina, and rent a car.

My other solo trips were all centered in Waikiki/Honolulu on Oahu and I used public transportation to get around.

Shar Jul 24th, 2015 08:12 PM

If you want to go to Maui as a single then I would agree with suze, say in Lahaina and rent a car. if I were single going to Hawaii then I would be on Oahu but that is jsut me.

Inakauaidavidababy Jul 25th, 2015 05:52 AM

alternatively, I can only take tiny infrequent doses of Lahaina and would never stay there

suze Jul 25th, 2015 07:34 AM

My reasons for Lahaina is, especially when I am alone, I like to have a town to walk around in, without getting in the car every time I want to go out.

A3H Jul 28th, 2015 11:05 AM

Aloha @mauiorburst,

What an excellent idea to choose Maui as your restorative destination. We recommend the beautiful Lumeria Maui retreat center on Baldwin Ave, up the hill from the best town in the island, Paia. They provide the ultimate restore experience with a variety of different wellness program. Hana is only a 2 hours drive from Paia Town so you can definitely recreate your "pinch me experience" within a day trip. As for how to spend the rest of your trip, we recommend spending some time getting in touch with the many outdoor excursions Maui's North Shore can provide. For example, test your adrenaline with Rappel Maui and rappel down rain forest waterfalls or join Hike Maui to discover secret hikes and waterfalls. After a day of exciting, heart pumping adventures, treat yourself to the Ka'anapali Aloha Friday Sunset Sail on a premier catamaran from Trilogy Excursions. This just a few example of the many activities you can immerse yourself in during your trip. Feel free to visit HawaiiFun.org for fun things to do on Maui. Have a wonderful time on your trip and feel free to contact us if you have anymore questions.

Mahalo,

A3H

A3H Jul 28th, 2015 11:05 AM

Aloha @mauiorburst,

What an excellent idea to choose Maui as your restorative destination. We recommend the beautiful Lumeria Maui retreat center on Baldwin Ave, up the hill from the best town in the island, Paia. They provide the ultimate restore experience with a variety of different wellness program. Hana is only a 2 hours drive from Paia Town so you can definitely recreate your "pinch me experience" within a day trip. As for how to spend the rest of your trip, we recommend spending some time getting in touch with the many outdoor excursions Maui's North Shore can provide. For example, test your adrenaline with Rappel Maui and rappel down rain forest waterfalls or join Hike Maui to discover secret hikes and waterfalls. After a day of exciting, heart pumping adventures, treat yourself to the Ka'anapali Aloha Friday Sunset Sail on a premier catamaran from Trilogy Excursions. This just a few example of the many activities you can immerse yourself in during your trip. Feel free to visit HawaiiFun.org for fun things to do on Maui. Have a wonderful time on your trip and feel free to contact us if you have anymore questions.

Mahalo,

A3H