Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Snowmobile or Wildlife in Jackson Hole, Wy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
We're going to JHole next week and have one day to do one of the following: Wildlife safari(in the vans), wildlife snowmobile tour or hot springs snowmobile tour. We'd like to see some big animals, but we'd also like to snowmobile to the granite hot springs. Any suggestions? Are the hot springs worthwhile? Or lame and/or crowded? Also, there's full day and half day tours ...are any not worth the whole day? i.e they drag it out too long to charge a little extra? Advice appreciated! Thank you!

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 01:08 PM

Was in YNP in October (without the recent snow) but the hot springs were beautiful. You could easily spend 3 days to see all of the springs & geysers. Can't vouch for the tours but would vote for the hot springs, full day tour - you should see enough wildlife along the way.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:32 PM

We took a wildlife safari one September and really enjoyed it. If you're into experiencing wildlife, go for it. Is it preferable to the alternative activity? I can't say, since I've not done it.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! We also found a short sleigh ride into the Elk Refuge. So I think that will qualify for our "animal" viewing. We'll do the snowmobile to the hot springs and any additional critter sightings will be a bonus
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM

We did the sleigh ride through the Elk refuge followed by a trip to a mountain cabin for dinner and a musical show. It was great fun and our hostess was a delight. Friends of ours did a dog sled trip to a hot springs where they went for a swim. A bit too cold for me. We really enjoyed Jackson Hole and the surrounding area.