I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupplementsreviews.info/pure-core-cleanse/
- 2 http://www.activebodyproduct.com/anabol-x1/
- 3 Spartagen Xt Facts
- 4 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 5 Tile and Grout Cleaning Clearwater FL
- 6 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 7 Family winter holiday
- 8 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 9 NY theater district restaurant
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 12 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 13 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 14 Big Sur weather in early December
- 15 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 16 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 17 Our next summer trip
- 18 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 19 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 20 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 21 Dulles to BWI
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 24 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 25 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?