Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay

Old Nov 16th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay

Hi, our family of 4 has flight to SLC for Feb 2018. We are considering 1) the Westgate (where we have stayed before), 2) the Sundial Lodge, or 3) the Newpark Resort. Everything else is too expensive or not avail. We thought the Westgate was fine, the pool was great but the rooms were hit or miss, and even though it was ski in ski out to one lift, it wasn't close to anything else, still had to drive to restaurants and grocery stores. The Sundial looks possibly more convenient location wise, but the rooms look older and some look kind of gross. The Newpark I know is not even in Park City or Canyons, but if we have to drive or take the shuttle everyday to restaurants anyway, then I'd rather we stay in a nicer, bigger, cleaner place that has a Whole Foods, movie theatre and restaurants next door. When we ski, we enjoy eating in at night to watch movies rather than eating out at restaurants when everyone is tired and just wants to relax. Which is a better choice and any other suggestions? Will we regret the hassle of trekking from the Newpark everyday? The Westgate costs the most, Sundial and Newpark are about the same. Thanks!
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will just point out to you that the Whole Foods store moved a month ago to a huge new building over by the outlets.

Also , if in Newpark, think about the fact that you wil be fighting traffic to and from the lifts every day,, unless you start VERY early and leave early or late. You can take the free shuttle bus right from Newpark however.

I have never stayed at any of these properites and am not a fan of the Canyons area since I live here so cant comment on those.