Notices

Skagway to Seward in August

May 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Skagway to Seward in August

We (a group of 4)are hiking the Chilkoot Trail in August ending in Skagway on a Tuesday afternoon after a return on the train. On Friday evening we are leaving from Seward on a cruise back to Vancouver. I've been trying to figure out the best way to get from Skagway to Seward and would appreciate any ideas. Here is what I've come up with so far: take the ferry to Juneau, fly to Anchorage and either rent a car or take a bus to Seward. This takes quite a bit of time and needs a hotel in each place. Help
May 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM

Sorry to say, but there are few options. If somehow you can get to Whitehorse, there is scheduled bus service from there to Anchorage. Otherwise, you are correct that it will take a flight from Skagway to Juneau and then to Anchorage. If you time your flights right, you won't need to overnight in each location. Anchorage at least has better economical hotel options than Skagway or Juneau. If the schedules connect, take the bus to Seward rather than a one way rental. Even a hotel stay in Seward will be better than a one way rental.
May 19th, 2012, 07:05 AM

I do that trip fairly often, taking Wings of Alaska from Skagway to Juneau, Alaska Airlines to Anchorage and then either a shuttle or the Alaska Railroad to Seward. I'm doing it again in reverse in 3 weeks.

Search this Thread