Single biz traveler in San Fran

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single biz traveler in San Fran

I'm heading to San Francisco on business in a week and will arrive on a Saturday evening. I'll have one day to myself: Sunday morning and afternoon.

I've been to San Fran a few times in the past (seen the major sights) am hoping for advice on how to best spend my free time on Sunday.

What would you do? My preference would be for a delicious breakfast where I can happily dine by myself, a bit of walking, some scenery.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 07:11 AM

Head down to the Ferry Building. There may be something going on in Justin Herman Plaza (check sfgate.com for events). The Ferry bldg has lots of great places to either sit down and eat, or pick up a bite and head outside. Maybe take the ferry to Sausalito? Just walking along the Embarcadero may be fun.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM

I had a similar set-up a couple of years ago and remember my day so fondly! Stayed around Union Square and grabbed some coffee/croissant for breakfast and at on a bench in Union Square watching the world wake up. Then walked through Chinatown, and had the privelege of witnessing a Chinese funeral procession. Did a little shopping on my way down to the wharf area. Ducked inside a galley that was holding an amazing Salvador Dali exhibit. Had a glass of champagne someplace then visited the old ships at the waterfront. Walked back up to my favorite little park way up above Lombard (whose name I can never remember) and then down Lombard and back towards the hotel, stopping in the City Lights bookshop on the way. Exhausted and happy by the time I got back to the hotel and a lovely dinner. It was a very relaxing and happy day.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Soooo many great places to eat in San Francisco, I would plan to have at least 5 meals/day, lol.

http://menukarma.com/menus/metropoli.../san-francisco

CandyLee
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Good suggestions above!

Here's another one if the weather is good: dine at the Bistro at the Cliff House, ask for a table by the window, look out over the Pacific and see if you can spot any wildlife swimming about (no, not the surfers!). Walk/hike around the Sutro Baths area or walk along the beach.

Here's another: Explore the Presidio, drive around, see the Lucas complex, dine in their small cafeteria or pack a picnic lunch and lunch almost anywhere along the way.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

This all sounds great! Thanks for the helpful tips so far.