Notices

Side trip to Prince Edward Island

Mar 5th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Side trip to Prince Edward Island

I posted this on Canada>Prince Edward Island and got no responses, so I'll try a different tact. 2 couples are planning a 2-week trip to Maine. We will be staying in the Machias area. We are thinking of taking some time to head on up to Prince Edward Island. Any advice on an itinerary, points of interest, good B&B's, how long to stay in order to see the island, where to make our home base while there (Charllotetown?), Anne musical worth seeing? Both couples are early 60's, fit and active. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM

I've been to PEI, but it doesn't exactly contain enough substance to serve as anything more than a 'side trip'.

Were it me going ONLY to PEI, I'd enter Canada through Calais, and then go through Saint John, and then down through Fundy Nat'l Park... stopping at Hopewell Cape on the way... then through Moncton, and onto the bridge to PEI.

I believe PEI is a 160-mile drive, tip-to-tip... and much of it is rolling hills and highway. Charlottetown does make for a good base, esp. if staying only a night or two.

You can certainly side-trip to anywhere from Charlottetown.

Maybe be more specific with questions on the Canada board and others will help with greater detail.

Search this Thread