Shows on Broadway

Oct 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Shows on Broadway

I'll be in NYC Nov 1 - 13 and want to catch a few shows. I was thinking Jersey Boys, Seed the Plough and possibly All my Sons, assuming I can get tix for these.

Anyone have any opinions on these shows or suggest better ones?

Would I be best to book tix on line now or wait until I get to NYC? I'll be travelling alone and so am hoping I'll be able to get an odd ticket.

Thanks
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM

Jersey Boys is great. I would suggest avoiding Wednesday and Saturday matinees if possible, as the lead does not perform during those shows.

Speed the Plow is still in previews, but has the wonderful (IMO) Raul Esparza.

I would suggest getting tickets now. For the most part, availability will decline the closer you get to your dates. Jersey Boys has never been discounted, and it won't be any time soon. Speed the Plow and All My Sons currently have discounts through Nov. 2 on broadwaybox.com - I'm not sure if the discounts will be extended.

As far as other shows, there are several recent threads about what's on Broadway right now, but August: Osage County is terrific (play) and I personally love In the Heights. It sort of depends on what you're in the mood for. You could always wait and see what's at TKTS when you arrive.

Oct 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Jersey Boys is one of the most difficult tickets to get. If you want to see the show, book it NOW if you can. The other 2 may be available on discount on the left column of broadwaybox.com If they are, book those now too.

Search this Thread