Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando

Apr 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando

Can anyone tell me about this resort, staying here in July 2004, Also, this is a large resort, what is the best areas or units to request. Thanks, Nancy
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:27 AM

We stayed there about 4 years ago and loved. Have tried to find time and money to go back. The resort is huge, well landscaped and in a great location. We had a two bedroom with and upstairs and downstairs. I do remember that outside the upstairs bedroom there was a sort of loft that had a pull out sofa that kind of made a 3 BR unit out of a 2 BR. I'm not sure what the arrangements are for all the units. But the whole place left a very positive impression with my family. If a I remember correctly they also offered a shuttle to Disney which came in handy with little ones. Sorry I can't offer more specifics.
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:50 AM

Beautiful resort, very large and easy to get lost-especially when you are returning at night exhausted from park hopping! We have stayed in the "Fountains" and the "Lakes", two of their newer sections. They were building another section the last time we were there, but I forgot what it is called.

I recommend either of these two sections. The only problem with The Lakes is that it did not have elevators, which was sometimes an issue since we were on the 3rd floor. Most of the time it was fine, just depends on how often you'll be carrying a lot of stuff, or who you are travelling with. I prefer the top floors to cut down on the noise outside the bedrooms in the evening. Also, a higher floor room tends to be a bit quieter if your room faces the pool side. The Lakes pool closes a bit earlier than the Fountains. However, the Lakes pool is less crowded than the Fountains. Either way, you have to get there in the morning to get a pool chair. By 10 am they are gone.

You can use the facilities at any of the sections, so even if you don't want to use your own pool or playgrounds, you are free to wander around to the others.

If you are travelling with young children, ask which sections had the nice playgrounds. I noticed lots of kids using them, but can't remember exactly where they were.

You can call ahead and ask specific questions and get your preferences noted. It is not as easy to change rooms once you get there, especially if they are close to capacity.

Search this Thread