Sheraton Maui v. Westin Maui at Christmas

Aug 10th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Sheraton Maui v. Westin Maui at Christmas

Trying to choose between these two hotels for a trip over Christmas. Family of 4 with 2 teenagers. Is it worth upgrading to an oceanfront at either hotel. If so, what are the best buildings and floors. If you have any other suggestions for hotels , please share. I realize my choices are limited due to my late start.
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:33 PM

We like staying at the Westin Maui in a deluxe ocean view room in the Beach Tower. The rooms are larger than the rest of the rooms that are below in price. As high up as possible for the view. Have fun.
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:41 AM

Bumping this. Any other advice?

Did you decide on which hotel, gondor?
Aug 20th, 2006, 08:37 AM

We just returned from a stay at the Sheraton and we loved it. I liked it's location (at the end of the busy boardwalk) and the snorkeling right outside the property at Black Rock. For teens though, I might lean toward the Westin. Their pool was very cool - like a Disney setting and there was definitely more buzz at the Westin. The Sheraton was much more quiet by comparison. We had left our teens at home so we were really enjoying the atmosphere at the Sheraton. Btw, we had a partial ocean view at the Sheraton (bldg 3, floor 5) and the view was lovely. The balcony was very tiny though. It was the only downside of the unit.
Aug 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM

Your teens will really like the Westin. The beach in front is very nice and it's close to Whalers Village. They can easily walk down to black rock for snorkeling. The pools at the Westin are really fun.

Search this Thread