Reload this Page >

Shear Madness or Blue Man Group?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 04:56 AM
kpstoudt

Taking my 14 and 16 year old sons to Boston for a couple of days in August. If we only do one show, which would be better? I am leaning towards Blue Man Group, but am open to suggestion. Thanks.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 05:32 AM
Dave

We saw Shear Madness. I think teen-agers would like it. Don't know about Blue Man.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:29 AM
thereuare

I (think) i saw Sheer Madness in Philadelphia about 15 years ago. I remember it was good, BUT...

it didn't compare at all to Blue Man Group. IMHO, Blue Man Group is THE BEST SHOW in NYC!! I've seen it 3 times and i put it on my "must do" list for friends that are coming into NYC. Choose Blue Man Group, you'll love it! (order tix in advance, call the box office or online, seating preference...

1) Main Floor (non-poncho seats)
2) Poncho seats
3) Balcony seats

Although i put Balcony seats last, they are STILL good, as there really is not a bad seat in the house (although leg room is TIGHT!!)

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:52 AM
Ann

Either play would probably be enjoyable to these boys. Although I have not seen Blue Man Group myself, I understand it is full of physical comedy, and gets messy (appealing to teegage boys?). I have seen Shear Madness and it's excellent. It's a murder mystery where the audience participates in the plot and solution. Therefore, every performance is somewhat different. They're in the same building. Don't worry about which show you see as I'm sure they'll enjoy either one.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 07:10 AM
JOhn

Both are good. Shear Madness is a murder mystery set in a beauty parlor in Boston and the audience gets to decide "who did it". There is audience participation. The "theatre' is tiny and you are actually on stage and interact with the actors. It/s very funny.
Blue Man Group is also in a small theatre (right next to Shear Madness) and is more musical with percussion/sight/sound. It's louder. There is also some audience participation.
For teenage boys I would opt for Blue Man Group.
After the show, go over to Finale. It is a "dessert" restaurant with fancy, i.e. expensive but wonderful desserts.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 07:23 PM
Toni

I havent seen Shear Madness but did see the Blue Man Group and both my husband and I loved it!!!. You've never seen anything like it and I think you kids will really enjoy it also! It's wild!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Wil

Can someone please tell me where Blue Man Group performs in Boston? If you happen to have a phone number or website address of the theater, that would even be better!

Thanks for your help.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Jean Valjean

http://www.blueman.com

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Duane

Just saw Blue Man Group in Boston on Friday. It was a blast! Pure performance comedy at its best. Kids will love it, because they get right in your face, and there is loud rock music much of the time. The only suggestion I would have is to call Ticketmaster as early as possible (like now) and make certain you get a set of seats in the very front. Also, don't be late for the show . . . you'll know what I mean after you see it.