Reload this Page >

SF - Choosing between Hotel Monico, Villa Florence & Hotel Triton

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 03:13 PM
Erica

Trying to decide on a hotel in SF for late August. Have heard good things about all three, but am looking for some recent feedback & any recommendations. Does anyone have any experience with any of these hotels?
Thank you for your help!

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 08:29 PM
Sue

I'd recommend the Villa Florence. It is a nice, clean older hotel- very well located 1 block from Union Square. The restaurant in the hotel is also good, but reservations are required.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:47 PM
Erica

Thanks for the reply Sue! Everything helps -- does anyone else have any input on Hotel Monaco, Villa Florence or Triton?

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 11:18 AM
E

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 03:45 PM
E

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 01:25 PM
kam

I would book the Villa Florence as a first choice. Monaco is a good choice as well. Have heard mixed reviews of the Triton. Also recommend the Andrews or the Washington Square Inn. Book now!

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Bill

I have stayed at the Triton and found it great. A good outdoor rest/deli next door, right on the entrance to Chinatown and walking to many fun areas. Rooms are little small, but atmosphere is very cool and they have a wine hour I believe every night.

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Lia

I've stayed at the Villa Florence several times and agree that it's a nice, older hotel - great location. The only thing that turned me off is the constant panhandling right outside the entrance but that seems to be the norm around that area. It's not dangerous, just kind of off-putting. I've tried to book at Hotel Triton as well as Monaco and Diva (similar funky modern style hotel) but they're always booked full. Must be popular for something!

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 12:49 PM
becca

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco last December and just loved it. The rooms are a little small, but we thought it was very cozy.We didn't have a view, but didn't really expect one. I studied quite a bit before leaving and could not find one negative comment about Monaco..but the other ones you mentioned got good review too. if you don't stay there, walk through the lobby if you can. It is very "different" and lovely!