Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   SF 5/23 GTG (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sf-5-23-gtg-694327/)

Shanghainese Apr 5th, 2007 02:53 PM

SF 5/23 GTG

San Francisco GTG on Wednesday, May 23, 2007.
Dinner at Shanghai House (415-831-9288)on 3641 Balboa between 37th and 38th Avenues across from the Balboa Theater. It's a tiny, newly-opened place with amazingly delicious food. (see easytraveler's TR)

Shanghai House does not have a liquor license but did not object to BYOW. Parking is not easy so one has to go around the blocks a bit.

So far: easytraveler, FainaAgain, MelissaHI, iamq & marteen, paula1470 and me. Of course the more the merrier! I'll make a reservation and do a final count closer to the date.

We need to decide a time since it's a week day evening.

FainaAgain Apr 5th, 2007 03:13 PM

I work till 5, so can't make it earlier than 6. Any time after that is OK, but I'm warning you: I'll eat the first one to show up after me :))

Shanghainese Apr 5th, 2007 04:07 PM

Then we'll go together!

MelissaHI Apr 5th, 2007 05:56 PM

I'll be there whatever time you want me to be! Heck, I should run to the Ferry Building Wine Merchant to get a bottle for the evening, huh?

Kealalani Apr 5th, 2007 07:54 PM

What?!!!??!!!

A GTG on my 15th wedding anniversary???
How many miles do I need for a very very romantic getaway with a bunch of merry pranksters?

Hmmmmmm?????

MelissaHI Apr 5th, 2007 11:07 PM

You'd celebrate your anniversary with us??? Should I get champagne instead?

easytraveler Apr 6th, 2007 07:50 AM

Wow! This sounds like a fun GTG that's getting funner by the minute!

I offered to bring my Nerello del bastardo because WE REALLY NEED TO DRINK IT! :(( Please don't get upset, "bastardo" for some Italian wines merely means it's a blended wine, made from "left over" much-touted Barolo wine blended with other wines. Only a certain amount of Barolo can be sold as Barolo, the rest becomes "illigitmate", therefore "bastardo". This wine is NOT to be kept forever. LET'S DRINK IT!

Otherwise, let's drink champagne! To Kealalani and a great 15th wedding anniversary! ((d))

Kal Apr 6th, 2007 07:57 AM

If you celebrate an annivarsary at this GTG would you be <i>&quot;marry pranksters&quot;</i>? :-?

MelissaHI Apr 6th, 2007 08:14 AM

I love blends! bastardo it is! kind of an east meets west kind of meal! &quot;marry pranksters&quot; indeed Kal!

Kal Apr 6th, 2007 08:25 AM

:)):)):))

FainaAgain Apr 6th, 2007 08:41 AM

Menu special: chicken feet brased in illegitimate leftovers.

Followed by Marry Pranksters show.

What's next :))

iamq Apr 6th, 2007 10:41 AM

Bastards?

Now I really do have to attend don't I? &gt;:-)

bill

LucieV Apr 6th, 2007 10:44 AM

Maybe. If I don't have to wear a nametag &amp; if Faina promises to dance.

easytraveler Apr 6th, 2007 11:22 AM

name tags?

Why are we doing fancy-smancy things like that? :)

FainaAgain Apr 6th, 2007 11:35 AM

If Kal is coming, we'll be dancing Polka together :))

FainaAgain Apr 6th, 2007 11:42 AM

Lucie, you mean like in &quot;tag, you're it!&quot;? Nah, we are all adults here. Just take Bastardo away from EasyTraveler ;)

FainaAgain Apr 6th, 2007 11:45 AM

Seriously, we need some kind of ID for our table. In case there are other groups, and a new person is not sure if we are the right gang to join.

Should I print &quot;Fodor's&quot; on a couple of pages to put on the backs of our chairs?

Shanghainese Apr 6th, 2007 01:16 PM

Naaah ... Faina, it's a tiny place and Fodorites can spot each other a mile away just like when we first met, it felt like a blind date!

LucieV Apr 6th, 2007 01:33 PM

Faina, <i>&quot;we are all adults here&quot;</i>

Yes, well, that's what I was afraid of. How am I supposed to fit in?

FainaAgain Apr 6th, 2007 01:50 PM

After reading our crazy posts you are still afraid not &quot;to fit in&quot;???? I am at a loss of what to say to you :))

Just don't seat next to Iamq. He doesn't like to talk politics, religion, weather, geography, work - you know, all these controversial topics.

And by &quot;adults&quot; I mean our physical age, not mental, don't worry ;)