Reload this Page >

hotel in Philadelphia for family w/2 kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 06:36 AM
M

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Phili for a family with 2 children ages 5 & 7 ? We would like to be within walking distance of at least some of the major attractions. Also, must-see sights for kids ?

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Mike

Depends on price range, but there is a new Marriott Courtyard right in center city. I think they are resonably priced compared to other hotels. Must see's include:
Franklin Institute and Omniverse Theatre
Liberty Bell/Independence Hall
Maybe a ferry ride ($2) across river to Camden Aquarium
Please touch Museum
Philadelphia Art Museum

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Pat

I would recommend staying nearer to the west side of Center City, although unless you can afford the Four Seasons I don't know what hotels are near there. I think for young children, the Parkway museums such as the Franklin Institute, Please Touch museum, and the Museum of Natural Science, will be your best bet. They may not be too thrilled with the history eventhough you should still see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.
They might enjoy eating at the Reading Terminal too- lots of action and a lot of different food choices.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Pat

I forgot to add the US Mint to the above list. They have a self-guided tour that might be fun on a week-day. It's not that interesting on the week-end since they're usually not minting anything!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Daniel Williams

Hi

Mike's suggestion about the Philadelphia Art Museum I think is an excellent one...and don't think this place is only for adults just because it's an art museum.

I find the setup of the museum ESPECIALLY the period-prece rooms will capture the imagination of children, visually sending them to another era of history Free on Sundays before 1pm

DAN.