Notices

seekingsouthern california resort and spa

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 02:06 PM
milly

seekingsouthern california resort and spa

Mother and daughters seeking a spa o resort in southern california for sometime in Jan or Feb. Interested in treatments a swell as other outdoor activities, such as horseback riding, biking,etc. Not too intereested in golf. Reasonable prices.

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 09:22 AM
Debbie

Although Ojai Valley Inn (between LA and Santa Barbara) is noted for its golf, it has an excellent reputation for its Spa. Ojai also has an incredible bike trail which winds through backcountry and trees. It is a quaint and charming town w/ some fab restaurants.

Have fun!

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 05:56 PM
BMG

Have you checked on Rancho Valencia, north of San Diego?
There's an excellent detailed website at www.ranchovalencia.com

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 02:34 PM
Jerry

Hi Milly,

Palm Springs in the winter is the best place to be in all of California. Check the many websites for places to stay in the area. Lots to do, great places to eat and very relaxing. Have fun.

Jerry

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 08:10 AM
michele

I agree with Jerry. The Givency Spa and Two Bunch Palms are probably the most expensive ones, but there are others in the desert that are reasonable. Check the websites he mentioned. ( You might look into MIRACLE MANOR--VERY ZEN, only six rooms, no phones, etc).

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 12:41 PM
Beth

LaQuinta in Palm Springs is absolutely beautiful! Rooms are in small casitas with a swimming pool & hot tub for about every 5 or six rooms - very private! and they have excellent restaurants!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 09:28 PM
Gina

Milly,
I have to say that having stayed at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, that it is heaven! Got two spa treatments, a facial and a massage. Also, we got a package deal which basically gives you a coupon good for specific services every day of your stay. For example, you could exchange your ticket for horseback riding, a jeep tour, spa treatment, golfing, tennis, a meal at their restaurant, whatever strikes your fancy. I'm not sure what kind of money you are looking to spend, but it is a little pricey at over $300 per night. Another spa that no one has mentioned is the La Costa spa. I have not stayed there, but I hear it is lovely. Not sure what the prices are, but bound to be a bit expensive. If you go to the desert resorts in Jan or Feb, it is likely to be extremely cold, so I'm not sure how wonderful it woud be to ride a bike in semi-freezing weather. Although I do agree that Palm Springs is a wonderful place, it just might not quite be what you are looking for at that time of year. There are some wonderful day spas in southern california, you might want to look at those, it might be less expensive than staying at a resort.