My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 2 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 3 10 day California Trip in July
- 4 NY theater district restaurant
- 5 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 8 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 9 girls trip / oregon
- 10 Vegas in February
- 11 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 12 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 13 Las Vegas TR
- 14 I need help
- 15 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 16 A Few days in Museums
- 17 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 18 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 19 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 20 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 21 Travel Shenanigans
- 22 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 23 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 24 Newport Beach restaurants
- 25 Road trip from NYC to where ?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip