We are looking for advice for an upcoming road trip to northern california in September. My husband and I are early 60s, like some comforts, but don't want to totally splurge. We like good food, wine with dinner, and cultural and aesthetic activities. We are not campers but do like hiking and hanging out in the outdoors. We are traveling from Washington state to Oregon and have that pretty much figured out. We hope to stay somewhere in the Eureka/Arcata/Mendicino area on day 4 of our trip. Then we then move to San Francisco and Monterey which is already taken care of. Then we are also looking for advice on where to stay/visit in Yosemite/ Lake Tahoe/and Lake Shasta areas. We have 2 nights for Yosemite and 2 for Lake Tahoe and one for Lake Shasta. Then we head back up to Ahsland for theater and Eugene to see relatives. We would love advice on lodgings, restaurants, and places to see/things to do. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our next summer trip
- 2 Dulles to BWI
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 5 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 6 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 10 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 11 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 12 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 13 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 14 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 15 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 16 Muir Woods - new rules
- 17 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 18 Padre Islands
- 19 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 20 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 21 NASHVILLE
- 22 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 23 4 days in San Diego
- 24 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 25 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit