Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Sedona restaurants (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sedona-restaurants-697179/)

osuredhead Apr 15th, 2007 06:10 PM

Sedona restaurants

Having read all the wonderful reviews, we've figured out where to stay and what to do in the Sedona, AZ area the second week in May 2007. Any suggestions on where to eat. We're not the high price fancy type of eaters, more like the Olive Garden or Applebee's type. I've seen from the other posts to eat at Sedona airport, so that's definitely on our list. Thanks to all --- from two fifty year olds in Ohio on their first trip to AZ.

P_M Apr 15th, 2007 06:20 PM

My fave for breakfast or lunch was the Coffee Pot. Who knew there were 100+ ways to make an omelette? :-D

USNR Apr 15th, 2007 06:31 PM

Judi's, a small place at Soldier Pass Road and Hwy. 89A, attracts loyal hometown eaters -- specialty: ribs.

Javelina Cantina, in the Hillside Shopping Center on Hwy. 179; Mexican with real style.

Picazzo's for pizza and salad, made fresh before your eyes. Hwy. 89A.

Szechuan, Hwy. 89A just west of Soldier Pass Road, beautiful surroundings, excellent service, marvelous Chinese menu, reasonable.

Sorry, no Olive Garden or Applebee's in Sedona. Lots of better places, though. Be sure to visit Sedona's Heritage Museum, home of a pioneer family, at the end of Jordan Road in Uptown Sedona. Really gives you a feeling for Sedona's past and present.

TahitiTams Apr 15th, 2007 06:33 PM

Second the Coffee Pot for breakfast and I think you would love the Cowboy Club for dinner and Relic's for drinks and the best dang cheeseburger in AZ!

elnap29 Apr 15th, 2007 06:55 PM

There's a huge Natural Food Store on the same part of the highway as the Coffee Pot (can't remember the name). We enjoy getting take-out from there and finding a nice picnic/view place.

euclid Apr 15th, 2007 07:53 PM

I also highly recommend the cowboy club. It was easily the best meal we had while in Arizona. Don't miss the cactus fries!

LindainOhio Apr 16th, 2007 02:58 AM

The casual restaurant at the Enchantment Resort is a wonderful place to eat and is reasonably priced. The lunch portions were large so my husband and I would each get soup and split a sandwich. It is really great to sit outside on the deck, surrounded by Boynton Canyon.

There are also several hikes out that direction. One of our favorites (and an easy hike with great views) is Doe Mountain. Walk to the top, it's actually flat at the top and then walk to the edges of the mesa for fabulous views.

USNR Apr 16th, 2007 04:34 AM

A word of advice if you choose to go on top of Doe Mountain. It's a mesa --that means it is completely flat on top. The trail up is easy. Tie a handkerchief on a bush or tree when you reach the top. That way you can find the trail down. Otherwise, it's easy to miss the trail and you wander in circles, looking for a way down. Great place to bring a picnic lunch. Just be sure you leave nothing behind but footprints. I've lived here 25 years and we have a constant challenge to keep Sedona beautiful and free from trash.