Sedona in Nov.-? restaurants and hiking

Sep 3rd, 1997, 02:33 PM
Kimberly Latra

Sedona in Nov.-? restaurants and hiking

We are going to Sedona in November and would like to some good restaurant suggestions. We also plan to do some day hikes- any ideas?

Sep 3rd, 1997, 07:20 PM
Polly

The book, Arizona Traveler's Hankbook by Bill Weir (I believe the new edition has a co-author) outlines numerous hikes in this area. I recommend Judi's just off 89A South of the "Y" (I think the locals call this west, but it looks south to me). A smallish restaurant with lots of atmosphere and some outdoor tables where my husband & I had a lovely dinner (no wine or drinks) for about $40. Also, fellow travelers recommended dinner at the restaurant at the Enchantment (for the view). Be aware that it requires coat and tie. We drove out in the afternoon for appetizers on the patio. Several of the hiking trails are in this general area.

Sep 10th, 1997, 06:19 AM
stephanie

sedona is my favorite place in this country! the best dining, but very expensive is the main restaurant at L'Auberge de Sedona, romantic and great food, located on Oak Creek! Enjoy but bring your credit card!

Sep 28th, 1997, 03:44 PM
M. Heist, M. Reynolds, M. Gill

Hiking: favorite was at The Enchantment Resort area (Boynton Canyon). Restaurants: (1) El Rincon, Mexican; (2) Rene at Tlaquepaque, Continental/American; (3) The Enchantment Resort, Continental/American. For a great vista & great refreshments, do not miss the lounge at The Enchantment...worth the drive & if you can get a room there, splurge! You will remember it always.

Search this Thread