Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Sedona, Adobe Village Grahm Inn (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sedona-adobe-village-grahm-inn-581422/)

flit Jan 13th, 2006 03:46 PM

Sedona, Adobe Village Grahm Inn

Planning spring break vacation in April with 17 and 15 yr olds. Has anyone stayed in Sedona at the Adobe Village Inn? How many days are needed for this area?

emd Jan 13th, 2006 05:41 PM

It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to breeze through town and see the red rocks on the way to somewhere else, or do you want to relax and enjoy the excellent hiking, biking, riding, scenery, ruins, and numerous other opportunities the area has to offer? Some people will say one or two days. We go to Sedona for a week at a time and have been many many times. Our teens love the outdoor offerings and having the time to enjoy them w/us. If you are on your way to somwhere else (Grand Canyon probably) then an overnight would be nice, but many people stay for two or three days.

I hadn't heard of your Inn, but I looked at it on the website. It is in the Village of Oak Creek across from Bell Rock. Very nice area. It is not Sedona proper, but is about 6 miles before Sedona. You will be close to Bell Rock and Cathedral Rock. There are many small restaurants in the Village, and Cucina Rustica, a gourmet restaurant is there. There is a small set of outlet stores. I like the Village; it has a different atmosphere thqn Sedona proper, a neighborhodd feel. The two golf courses are also in the Village area. Your Inn looks amazing online, but I've not seen it. You'll have a short drive to get to Sedona and the other hiking areas, but you will also have some trails around Cathedral Rock and Bell Rock if you want to hike.

flit Jan 13th, 2006 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info. My son loves the hiking but my daughter does not so will do a little but mostly will have to do the jeep rides, ballon rides, etc. to keep her happy too. Was hoping we could use this area as a base though. Is it to far from the GC to comute?

MichelleY Jan 13th, 2006 06:40 PM

Dear Flit:

We did a trip last summer to Sedona & the GC. We spent a week i Sedona with an overnight to the GC. Click on the link below for a copy of our trip report:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34655352

Good luck,

MY

emd Jan 14th, 2006 05:11 AM

It is a bit over two hrs to the GC from Sedona. It depends on how long you want at the GC. You can do an overnight at GC (esp. if daughter doesn't want to hike down), like Michelle did (and like we planned to do two weeks ago but we ended up cancellng and staying in Sedona). We did a trip to the GC from Sedona a few yrs ago and stayed in GC two nights, but could have done it with one night. And you'll be going in spring which is such a great time at GC. I'm sure you realize you need to secure your GC reservations now, as well as Sedona, as spring is busy time.

How long do you have, a week? We rented a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in Sedona for a week. Very luxurious, hot tub, full size pool table for our teens, incredible red rock views right out the front huge windows, great location, for $1200 a week. Even calculating in the expense for a night at GC, we came out way ahead of the game. Of course, you may have the $ to splurge and want the attention of a hotel. But rental is an option with a week.

flit Jan 15th, 2006 04:36 AM

Thanks for the help. So, if we stay one night at GC, 2 or 3 nights in Sedona should we hit the Tucson area any?

emd Jan 15th, 2006 05:07 AM

Are you flying in and out of Phoenix? Tuscon is south of Phoenix,a nd you are going north for GC and Sedona. Prescott might be a better choice if you are looking for a city close by to go to.

flit Jan 15th, 2006 01:55 PM

Yes we are flying in and out of phx. Didn't know if we should spend all of our time to the north or not.

flit Jan 16th, 2006 10:50 AM

emd, have been looking up houses to rent. What property did you stay at?