Brand new to posting, but have read many posts for great travel advice! Hope your lovely community can steer me in the right direction.
My boyfriend and I will be in Maui in mid August for 10 days. We already have the first part of our lodging booked, at the Westin Resort Villas in Ka'anapali. However, we will have four days/three nights left after we check out, and we're trying to figure out where to stay. We don't want to move to the South Shore - would like to be somewhere with a much different vibe and feel. So between Upcountry, the North Shore, and Hana, which location would you prefer to spend three nights in, and where would you recommend that we stay?
We are both in our mid-twenties, like a combination of relaxation/down time and easy island experiences we can do ourselves (not huge fans of tour groups). I am a fond novice surfer, he has never surfed but wants to try. We will have a rental car. Budget: prefer to pay $150 or less per night. We're staying at the Westin because we got a great deal, but both of us enjoy B&Bs/condos/boutique hotels as well.
Would love to hear your feedback! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 GOOGLE CHROME I855:570:1233 Installation GOOGLE CONTACT 24/7
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 5 Trip to Cali
- 6 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 7 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 8 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 9 4 days in San Diego
- 10 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 11 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 12 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 13 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 14 NY theater district restaurant
- 15 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 18 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 19 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 20 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 21 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 22 Big Sur weather in early December
- 23 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 24 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 25 Our next summer trip
Second part of Maui Vacation: Where to Stay: North Shore, Upcountry, Hana?