Seattle/Washington Itinerary help

Apr 21st, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Seattle/Washington Itinerary help

We are planning a trip in August from Sat-Sat. including air travel time. So far I have booked the hotels but can possibly change one or more. Here is what I have so far: Arrive in Seattle in late afternoon Sat. Spend Sunday & Monday in Seattle, Tuesday & overnight in Victoria via Clipper Ferry, Wed back to Seattle, Thurs. to Olympic Park & overnight, Friday back to Seattle, leave at noon Sat. for home. Any advice on our trip would be appreciated. Can we see hurricane ridge, hoh rain forest in that time in ONP? We will only have a car traveling to ONP.
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:41 PM

A better plan would be to take the clipper to Victoria and then the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. Pick up your car in Port Angeles to tour ONP, spending Wendesday and Thursday in ONP and driving back to Seattle on Friday.

Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:21 PM

I would offer a different suggested itinerary for your consideration.

Skip the Clipper (IMO overpriced) and either (a) fly to Victoria on a floatplane from Seattle - www.kenmoreair.com - then fly back to do your car thing, or (b - and probably cheaper) get the car, drive to Port Angeles, take the passenger ferry over to Victoria from there - a fraction of the time and less cost than the Clipper - even counting the extra car rental day. That way, when you're done with Victoria, you can come back to PA then do your touring of the Peninsula, much less wasted time on the Clipper or fussing with Seattle traffic and car ferry fees.

Seeing Hoh and Hurricane Ridge in one day originating in Seattle is a real stretch; originating in PA it's a breeze.
Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all who have replied to my Seattle/Washington itinerary. We have changed plans,as you have suggested, we will go to ONP and spend a couple of days, then take the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria and overnight. I'm assuming you can leave your car overnight in PA. Also, is the Silver Cloud/Lake Union a good property for seeing things in Seattle without a car? I understand they have a shuttle.
Apr 24th, 2005, 09:06 AM

Silver Cloud is a NW chain of motels that is popular with travelers; however, it is not conveniently located to the Pike Place Market, the Waterfront, Pioneer Square, the monorail to Seattle Center, most restaurants, entertainment venues, and many other places to which you could walk if you were staying in or near the downtown retail core which is centered at 5th and Pine.

Apr 24th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Lake Union is a bit of a trek to the parts of downtown that you'd most likely want to be visiting (it is a good location IF you have a car you need to park and IF you are getting on and off the freeway).

If you don't mind ussing the shuttle and it runs frequently enough I guess that's OK. But since it's just a couple nights, personally I'd spring for a more centrally located hotel (see a street map for downtown Seattle).