Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 2 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 3 New York in 5 days
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 RV Grand Canyon
- 6 Newport Beach restaurants
- 7 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 8 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 9 I need help
- 10 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 11 Expedia
- 12 Italian Provisions
- 13 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 14 girls trip / oregon
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 17 Vacations in New Orleans
- 18 4 days in Miami
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 21 Las Vegas TR
- 22 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 23 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 24 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 25 NY theater district restaurant