Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Seattle restaurants with view (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/seattle-restaurants-with-view-189538/)

Greg Sep 16th, 2001 07:02 PM

Seattle restaurants with view

I am looking for Seattle restaurants with great food and great views. I have eaten at Canlis, Waterfront, Palisade. All were great in both respects. Cost is no object. Thx.

xxx Sep 16th, 2001 08:43 PM

While not fancy, Chinook's has a nice marina view and very good food at fair prices. A good restaurant for lunch.

BTilke Sep 16th, 2001 10:40 PM

Ray's Boathouse by the Ballard Locks has great views and excellent food. But it's not downtown...you'd have to take a cab or drive. At one time they ran a shuttle van to pick customers up downtown, but I don't know if they still do. <BR>

Cheryl Z. Sep 17th, 2001 06:39 AM

<BR>I don't think anything beats the view from Salty's on Alki. (looks across Elliot Bay from the west to our beautiful skyline). <BR>Skip the Space Needle - food over rated, service lousy. View lovely of course.

x Sep 17th, 2001 08:23 AM

Try Place Pigalle and Maximilien's in the Market.

ldsant Sep 18th, 2001 06:04 PM

Depends upon the view you want: <BR> <BR>Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie has a view of the waterfalls (request window table) <BR> <BR>Pink Door (on the terrace for a drink) has great views of the sound <BR> <BR>Daniel's Broiler at Leschi has nice views (as does the one in Bellevue) <BR> <BR>Spazzo's in Bellevue has good views (good for lunch rather than dinner) <BR> <BR>Anthony's in Kirkland has OK food and good views

Kay Sep 23rd, 2001 12:18 PM

Although it's been awhile, I still remember salmon dinner at Salty's watching the ferry lights moving across the water to/from the city. It was a perfect way to spend our last evening there.

jim Sep 24th, 2001 08:53 AM

another vote for Ray's Boathouse. Great food, professional service, excellent NW wine list; the last meal we had at Salty's (the one in Portland, On the Columbia) was mediocre. No change that. Just plain lousy. Overpriced too. <BR>

Dick Sep 24th, 2001 04:36 PM

Skip Salty's but for cocktails - the view is great but the food is not and it's very expensive. Try Chez Shea. Nice view over the bay and one of the best restaurants in the city. Reservations are essential! Dick

explorador Nov 9th, 2001 10:04 AM

Ivar's on the waterfront...not bad if you like looking at sea gulls, container ships, and ferries.<BR><BR>However my favorite for good seafood that doesn't cost an arm and a fin with lots more to gawk at (like the Space Needle, the downtown skyline, and an endless parade of marine traffic sailing past your table)..I would recommend you set a course for Ivar's Salmon House at the north end of Lake Union. On one of Seattle's rare sunny days you might opt for fish and chips, or chowder from their walk up counter..then head for a picnic on the dock. Same view...for a whole lot less.<BR>

Wendy Nov 9th, 2001 10:17 AM

So Greg where did you decide to dine and how was it??

Bob Nov 15th, 2001 02:55 PM

Try Ponti's Seafood in Fremont. Ask for a window seat and you can see the cut. In the summer you can sit on the patio looking over the water. Great food.