Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Seattle-Inn at El Gaucho, Pioneer Square Hotel or Inn at Harbor Steps

Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Trying to decide among these three. I have a reservation at Pioneer Square for about $165 including breakfast. El Gaucho is $175 but no breakfast. At this point Harbor Steps isn't avaialble for my dates.

Harbor Steps would be my first choice because it seems to have the best location. But if I have to choose between El Gaucho and Pioneer my sense is El Gaucho is a better facility and better location. Am I correct? We are only in Seattle for one night so I may be getting a little obsessive about this! We want to be near Pike's Market and Waterfront.

Thanks for any advice.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:36 AM

I'm not at all familiar with El Gaucho, but I have stayed at Inn at Haror Steps. It's kind of funny, but while that's of course much closer to Pike's Market than Pioneer Square, I still didn't care that much for its location generally. I much preferred the area of Belltown -- particularly the Andra.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM

If your choice is only between Inn at El Gaucho and Pioneer Square, your best choice by far is the Inn at El Gaucho. It has a much more desirable location and, it is your good luck that you can have breakfast at one of the best bakeries in town--Macrina Bakery and Cafe in one block from the Inn. Enjoy.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 11:10 AM

Definitely El Gaucho of those two choices.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 11:23 AM

I also vote for El Gaucho. I work just down the street. IMO it is a better location than either of the other two (Belltown). It's a short walk to both the waterfront and the Pike Place Market.