Milwaukee for a day

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Dennis

Milwaukee for a day

I'll be in Milwaukee for one day in August.
Going to see the Brewers game at night. Where shall I spend my day?? Never really been to the Midwest. Thanks!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 05:36 AM
kari

I just spent some time in Milwaukee last weekend. We went to the Miller Brewery and had a great time. The tour took about an hour, it was free, and at the end - you get to sample 3 beers. It's all free, so I can't think of any reason NOT to. They even will serve root beer for the non beer drinkers.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 07:15 AM
calli

Why?

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Barb

Milwaukee has many summer events planned. Try this site: www.milwaukee.org click on events (left side of screen) then click on major events or annual events (both in center of screen).

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:36 PM
jody

The Milwaukee Art Museum has a new wing that is really unusual and beautiful on the lake. Often during the summer there are festivals (on the Summerfest grounds) which are alot of fun. The Milw. public museum is also quite good. The zoo, although not in downtown Milw, is very nice. And there are quite a few outlet malls if discount shopping is your thing south of the city in Kenosha. The Betty Brinn childrens museuam is nice if you have children traveling with you.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Teri

Hi:

Check out onmilwaukee.com. I live in Milwaukee, and I used this web site to check out what is happening on the weekend. Some other options would be enjoy the beach of Lake Michigan or check out the Domes or there is a water park "Cool Waters") use www.countyparks.com for information on either park.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:47 AM
suzanne

Milwaukee is a fantastic town. When I was there I did the Miller tour (it offered the most free beer of all the brewery tours) - it was fun! (of course...because we were all drunk and silly). We also took a little boat tour of the harbor - very nice. That should be enough to fill a day!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:11 AM
jpm

How much are they paying you to see a Brewer's Game? Don't take less than $50 per person and make them throw in some free food and drinks - otherwise find some other timeshare presentation where you at least get something worthwhile!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Michele

This is great! I'll be in Milwaukee the end of Sept and was trying to figure out what to do for one day and one night. I visited the Art Museum about 2 years ago - has it changed since then? Also, has anyone been to the Pabst Mansion? Would it be something to see, or to skip? Finally, I've heard there are some walking tours of the city. Has anyone tried any of these? Thanks for any info!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:56 AM
seever

Why not visit Bud Selig's house and relieve yourself on his lawn? You'll have the undying admiration of millions of former baseball fans. Other than that, make sure you get a burger and some custard at Kopp's, visit the Harley Davidson plant, and enjoy the beauty of the lake.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:48 AM
fromMKE

Well thanks jpm and seever, for proving again that Milwaukee is still not a big league town. Still whining about the tie in an exhibition game? GROW UP.

Dennis, come and enjoy our town, we really do have a lot to offer.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:28 PM
jpm

No, my problem isn't with the tie - in fact that is the only thing I think Selig has done correctly - he was in a no win situation for something he wasn't responsible for.

But I can't stand Bud Selig - he was just voted one of the top 10 greediest owners in the league. And not to mention all of his lies to get Miller Pork built!

But I do love Milwaukee the city. Great place. Beautiful downtown area. Was there last weekend enjoying all the street fairs that were going on - was shocked to find downtown parking in a garage was only $5!!!

I'm just glad I don't live there so I don't have to help pay for Bud's playhouse - that was just reported to not be underbudget but $20 million overbudget!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:29 PM
jpm

No, my problem isn't with the tie - in fact that is the only thing I think Selig has done correctly - he was in a no win situation for something he wasn't responsible for.

But I can't stand Bud Selig - he was just voted one of the top 10 greediest owners in the league. And not to mention all of his lies to get Miller Pork built!

But I do love Milwaukee the city. Great place. Beautiful downtown area. Was there last weekend enjoying all the street fairs that were going on - was shocked to find downtown parking in a garage was only $5!!!

I'm just glad I don't live there so I don't have to help pay for Bud's playhouse - that was just reported to not be underbudget but $20 million overbudget!

I also love the fact that Mitsubishii said they would be glad to replace the roof the built to spec, for only $200 million more! The roof leaks worse than a FLW house.

Old May 18th, 2004, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, not being a baseball fan, nor an engineer, I went to Miller Park and found it a fascinating thing to view. And I thoroughly enjoy all my visits to Milwaukee, they are some of my favorite vacations. We have been to State Fair, Summer fest, the Zoo, many restaurants.....and dont foreget the local taverns for pizza....you'll find some of the best company anywhere at these place. Heading back this June in fact. Oh....and......dont forget the home of Harley Davidson.
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ellz, Check the date the of the original message.