Seattle Dim Sum - Italian

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 03:42 AM
PK

Seattle Dim Sum - Italian

Suggestions please, for good Italian & Dim Sum, in the downtown - Pike's Market area.

How about resturant with best water view in this area ?
Thanks

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 04:16 AM
chef

Italian Dim Sum ?????????????

Now that is a fusion dish I would love to taste

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Wendy

PK, I can't help you with the Dim Sum but for Italian you could try Il Bistro which is right in the Market or Assiaggio which is a few blocks up.

For best water view I think Palisade in Magnolia (10 min cab ride) wins hands down! But if you are looking for something in the market area I would walk down to Pier 70 and go to the Waterfront. Beautiful restaurant, views and the food is fantastic (owned by the same people as El Gaucho.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:23 AM
John

The nearest dim sum will be in the International District, just east of Pioneer Square. You can take a free bus to Jackson St. and go dim sum hunting at any number of places there. We prefer the House of Hong (on Jackson)because it's consistent (and also I confess because it has a parking lot). For an alternative treat, hit the food court at Uwajimaya Village at 5th and King, a couple of blocks south of Jackson - a variety of Asian fast food stalls (bakery, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, noodles, Thai, etc.) located within the wonderful Uwajimaya supermarket. Check out the fish tanks and play "name that vegetable" in the produce section.

If you're coming on a nice day, you can get a twofer Italian/view experience on the roof deck at the Pink Door, a great Italian place located (surprise) behind an unmarked pink door on Post Alley, half a block east of the main Pike Place (NOT "Pike's") market. Otherwise, Assagio, Il Fornaio in the Pacific Place shopping center (a chain but who cares) and Tulio (in the Vintage Park Hotel) are all great.

On the central waterfront most of the restaurants have good views; Anthony's Pier 66 and the downstairs Bell Street Diner gets our vote for best food on the strip. Palisade is also great but it's not convenient to downtown unless you have a car, and even then it's hard to find for visitors.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:31 AM
luce

For a fine meal and water view -- and hidden away inside the Market -- go to Place Pigalle. Both casual and elegant, with a seasonal menu and excellent wine service. And the view at sunset is spectacular.

If you're on the waterfront itself, agree with the other poster that Anthony's is a good choice. Elliott's also good for seafood (casual) and the Waterfront for same (expensive).

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 03:27 PM
beryl

Going to the Chinatown/International District is a great idea. This is one of Seattle's more interesting neighborhoods. A good way to spend a Saturday or Sunday morning is to walk around seeing the sights and smelling the smells. For Dim Sum we like China Gate. It seems to have a relatively wide selection. Many people like Top Gun. The wait to get in might be longer there because it is a little smaller. (When you are in the neighborhood be sure to walk through the neighborhood "p patch" known as the Danny Woo Gardens. It is uphill (north) from Jackson St. at about 7th Ave. or Maynard. It is a neighborhood vegetable garden extraordinaire. I think it is one of the better sights in the City. I take all of my out of town guests there.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 03:24 AM
PK

Thanks for all of the good tips !

Old Sep 9th, 2003, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PK - There are a lot of great restaurants in the International District. You can also get excellent dim sum at Dragonfish Asian (1/2 price during happy hour) and excellent dishes at 722 Pine (just a few blocks up from the market across from the Paramount Theatre. Have fun!
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, I would recommend the Pink Door even if not on a nice day. We love it