Seattle airport/lodging

Search

Seattle airport/lodging

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle airport/lodging

My son needs to come to Seattle from Minneapolis for an interview at North Seattle Community College. Questions:

1. He will need someplace inexpensive to stay .for a night or two near the college. Any ideas?

2. How to get there from the airport. Will he need to rent a car?

Thank you for your help.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM

There is only one hotel within a reasonable one-mile walk of the school: http://www.hotelnexusseattle.com/

It is possible to travel between the airport and the school on public transport, but it is awkward and it takes over two hours.

If your son does not want to rent a car, I suggest he take public transport to downtown, stay in a downtown hotel, and travel between his hotel and the school by bus: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/

It is much more desirable to stay downtown than in the neighborhood within walking distance of the school.

HTTY
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Oops. He could also walk to the school from a place such as Columbus Motor Inn on Aurora Avenue, but the neighborhood around the motel used to be (and may still be) frequented by prostitutes and those who frequent them://www.columbusmotorinn.net

HTTY
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

I will give my son your information. Doesn't Seattle have a light rail at the airport now? Could he take that downtown and then take a bus to the school? Otherwise renting a car is always an option. Is the area near the school an o.k. area as far as crime goes? Thanks for your info.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM

Light Rail from airport to downtown is cheap, convenient and safe. Dispenser of tickets is at the station, requires paper money or coins; not sure about credit cards??? Renting a car is expensive especially gas and parking fees.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I thought I had read that the light rail ran from the airport to downtown. Then he could take a bus to the college, correct?