Seaport Hotel In Boston

Old May 22nd, 2002, 11:54 PM
Gwen

Seaport Hotel In Boston

I just booked The Seaport Hotel in Boston for $169. per night. I understand this is a new hotel in an up and coming area of Boston. How should we get around to theatres, restaurants & shopping from this location? Is there anything you would recommend near this hotel? Thanks!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:52 AM
Leslie

For now, the Seaport Hotel is in an awful location, and poorly accessible to public transportation. After the convention center is built, I'm sure the area will be more built up, but you'll need to take a cab to at least South Station in order to get to areas like Downtown Crossing, the Quincy Market, Theatre District, etc. You can walk from South Station to these areas.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 03:16 AM
Donna

Agree with above comments. Nearest subway station, South Station, is a 3/4 mile walk. Aquarium Station is just under a mile. Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market is just over a mile walking. Except for a few notable restaurants, a few piers down toward downtown, and the Fleet Pavillion (a terrific venue for outdoor concerts), which is right across the street, this hotel is definitely not conviently located for theaters, shopping and restaurants. You'd be taking a lot of taxis. For $169/night, depending upon your dates, you can probably do much better. Try Hotwire for your dates and see what's available in other neighborhoods.

Old May 24th, 2002, 01:31 AM
Jade

The Seaport is a ultra-modern 4 star hotel in the waterfront district by The World Trade Center of Boston. The rooms are gorgeous. Being from NYC, I would just take a taxi to wherever needed. No big deal. This is an incredible price for such a wonderful hotel, and well worth it. Aura is an excellent restaurant, right in your hotel. Others in the waterfront district are: Anthony's Pier 4, Barking Crab, Jimmy's Harborside, No-Name Restaurant, & Rowes Wharf. Enjoy!

Old May 24th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Cathy

I loved the Seaport when we stayed there. Beautiful hotel with great views and a terrific staff. When we stayed there the hotel had a policy of no tipping and the concergie was very helpful in arranging dinners, tickets and tours. I don't think you will disappointed with your choice.

Old May 24th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Hillary

The Seaport Hotel is an excellent choice for the money. And just a cab ride away to all attractions. The views, rooms and staff were superb. And, just a 10 minute cab ride to the theatre district. Other hotels of this calibur in the midst of it all would charge you double.