Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Scottsdale Princess or Hyatt Regency Scottsdale

Mar 10th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Judy

Vacationing in Scottsdale with kids. Which is better Princess or Hyatt?

Mar 10th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Anne

Judy, I've bben to Scottsdale many times with my family - kids are 14,11,7 and 5. The kids love the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch. It has a gazillion pools open all night practically. There are lots of families there in the spring. The Scottsdale is someplace i much prefer but the kids are not as wild about it. It has plenty of pools as well, as the staff is very accomodating to kids. Al I can say is that both places are great for kids, but mine prefer the Hyatt.

Mar 10th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Anne

Judy, I've bben to Scottsdale many times with my family - kids are 14,11,7 and 5. The kids love the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch. It has a gazillion pools open all night practically. There are lots of families there in the spring. The Scottsdale is someplace i much prefer but the kids are not as wild about it. It has plenty of pools as well, as the staff is very accomodating to kids. Al I can say is that both places are great for kids, but mine prefer the Hyatt.

Mar 10th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Judy

Thanks Anne!

Mar 10th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Joan

I agree with Anne. HGR over Princess. The Princess is very spread out, pool is OK but not very accessible from many parts of the resort. Also it's quite a drive from the most popular shopping/eating areas. Rooms at HGR are nothing spectacular though. Not bad, just typical Hyatt.

Mar 10th, 2001, 08:23 PM
scott

Dear Judy,
I live two miles from the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch and believe it or not in the off-season we stay there! Although both hotels are top notch. I would choose the Hyatt. It has a great location and caters to familys as well as parents. There have been several developments just recently completed in that area within(walking distance)several restaurants and shopping. You can leave the resort to save some money on food! You will be very happy at the Hyatt. In addition, the grounds are also very beautiful. Enjoy Arizona!
p.s. Get a AZ life styles magazine always great restaurant reviews.