Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Scottsdale - Fairmount Princess and Hyatt Gainey Beach

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Melissa

I just planned a 5-night vacation with my boyfiend. I booked us for 3 nights at the Princess,a nd 2 nights at the Hyatt. Just looking for some reassurance that these are good choices! From what I've read these are both excellent resorts. We wanted a romatic getaway that would be fun at the same time.

The Princess is actually $20/night cheaper than the Hyatt. I thought it would be more interesting though to break up the vacation by staying in different places. The Boulders was one of my choices as well, but is a bit mroe expensive than the other two. What do you think?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 10:29 AM
gc

We stayed at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch last summer. It is a beautiful resort...the pool area is great!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Jack

I might be a little partial since we live next to the Princess but it is a great place to relax and enjoy the area. We also like the Hyatt and go there for wine dinners and evening cocktails. You can't go wrong with either place and since they are located in different parts of Scottsdale it will give you some new scenery by spending time at each place.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 01:05 PM
kima

Have stayed at both, hard to go wrong with those choices. If your going to do some spa treatments you may want to schedule them before you arrive. Have fun.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 01:13 PM
kkj

Both are great choices. You'll have a good time.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:58 PM
fran

You have made two excellent choices. Both hotels are beautiful. Enjoy!

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Suzy

We just returned from staying at the Hyatt for 3 nights and the Princess for 1 night. There was a snafu at the Hyatt so they had to move us up to the Princess for the first night. They did comp us many things do to the inconvenience so i must say that they made up for the mistake. Both are great hotels although I think that I prefer the Hyatt. The Princess grounds were a little too sprawling for me as we stayed in the casitas that were a hike from the main resort. The Hyatt is truly lovely with 10 pools (some are very small) and a multitude of activities. Wehad 2 young children with us but I would have enjoyed both resorts without them!