Reload this Page >

Scottsdale, AZ hotels

Search

Scottsdale, AZ hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 1999, 06:28 AM
JUDE

Scottsdale, AZ hotels

I'm going to be in Scottsdale in July and would like information on the best place to stay. Is anyone familiar with the Doubletree there? Thanks.

Old May 1st, 1999, 11:16 AM
cheri

the marriott camelback inn in nice; like a step back in time and they have a great spa (extra charge--very nice private pool). also the hyatt gainey ranch has typical hyatt rooms, lovely grounds and quite a few pools if you like to swim. i don't know anything about the doubletree, but we did stop in to visit the phonecian(sp?). it's huge but seemed very nice with a lot to do.

a word to the wise--it's going to be scorching hot. even the pools are warm in the summer. we drove north of the city 1 day and went swimming in a river which was much cooler than any of the pools.

Old May 1st, 1999, 11:17 AM
cheri

the marriott camelback inn in nice; like a step back in time and they have a great spa (extra charge--very nice private pool). also the hyatt gainey ranch has typical hyatt rooms, lovely grounds and quite a few pools if you like to swim. i don't know anything about the doubletree, but we did stop in to visit the phonecian(sp?). it's huge but seemed very nice with a lot to do.

a word to the wise--it's going to be scorching hot. even the pools are warm in the summer. we drove north of the city 1 day and went swimming in a river which was much cooler than any of the pools.

Old May 1st, 1999, 11:32 AM
Jim Becker

I am familiar with the Doubletree hotels out in that area, although are you talking about the Doubletree La Posada resort? My best place that I would reccommend to you would be the Doubletree La posada which has a HUGE outdoor pool, with waterfalls, and caves. And nice rooms. Other hotels in the area that are nice is the Hyatt Scottsdale, and also the Embassy Suites which can be found throughout the Phoenix and Scottsdale area.

Old May 1st, 1999, 07:29 PM
David

You did say the BEST place to stay as in money is no object...
Most of the messages have it right. You should also consider the Scottsdale Princess. I believe the Phoenician is considered at the top of the list along with the Princess. Right near the top would be the Camelback inn (some would put it at the top...depending on your pespectives) The Scottsdale Hyatt's grounds and atmosphere are great too.
The Doubletree is very nice too, but considereing the competition I think a step down. Next level down would include La Posada. On a ifferent level this is like rating Stanford, Harvard and Yale...oh well

Old May 3rd, 1999, 08:59 AM
Bear

I would recommend the Phoenician (immaculate grounds) and the Boulders (incredible natural surroundings),located just north of Scottsdale in Carefree. In my opinion these two properties are the best.

Old May 3rd, 1999, 09:59 AM
jill

I stayed at the Phonecian about 3 years ago and it was the most beautiful hotel I ever stayed in. It is expensive, but worth every dime!!!

Old May 3rd, 1999, 05:17 PM
Bev

We were just in Phoenix in April the Wig-Wam resort is incredible. You have your own casita, with patio. Beautiful pool, great gol course and lush grounds. The rooms are spacious and decor is great....shutters on the windows very nice!!!!!!

Old May 3rd, 1999, 07:23 PM
David

Although the WigWam is (arguably)great it is NO WHERE NEAR SCOTTSDALE, ie. 30-40 miles west and is a bum steer for anyone inquiring about Scottsdale Hotels. I would also second the recommendation of the Boulders as truly great.

Old May 6th, 1999, 05:42 PM
R. Willson

Do you realize when people say hot they mean highs during the day are 110 degrees and evenings and overnite might get down to the low 90's or high 80-'s All the hotels are fine but you better love your room.

Old May 6th, 1999, 06:41 PM
hamlet

I just got back from AZ early this morning...spent my last two nights at the Regal McCormick Ranch and I was very happy with it. Don't know about any of the other places mentioned though.

Old May 15th, 1999, 12:50 PM
Hector Hernandez

Scottsdale in July awfully hot, but it's still a great place to visit. Just came back last month, was there on business. We stayed at the Sunburst Resort on Camelback, a very nice and comfortable facility. It's our second trip there, recommend it highly! Also played golf at The Boulders in Carefree, if you paly, it's a beautiful course. Both the North and South courses are challenging, and the views from the course are spectacular. Enjoy your trip!