Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where should I go once I fly to Ft Lauderdale?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Amy

I only have 4 days; should I stay in Fort Lauderdale or should I go to South Beach/Miami or go to Palm Beach? What's the most fun? What's most relaxing?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 05:47 AM
xx

age, budget, preferences??

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 05:49 AM
xxx

Amy, if it were me and I only had 4 days I would stay in FLL. Miami would be quite a lot of driving for only 4 days. If you want to relax FLL has great beaches, shopping, great restaurants. There is also a Jungle River cruise that would take you to Miami on a day trip if you were interested. I vote for staying in FLL. A ride up to Palm Beach would be o.k. for sightseeing.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Stephanie P.

Amy:

I'd take the suggestion of staying in Ft. Lauderdale if you like beaches and relaxation. However, xxx, why do you say that Miami is such a big trip? It is only 26 miles south of Ft. L.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Nancy

Sunny Isles Beach is located 20 minutes ride from Ft.L and about the same from South Beach. The beach is fabulous. Drive south on Collins, check out South Beach but dine on Espanola Way. Go north to Las Olas, Beach Place to River walk and everything in between,,,Stranahan House to Fort. L. art museum.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:09 AM
xxx

Steph, you are correct about the distance, I only meant if the traffic was busy, it can eat up a lot of vacation time. Obvioulsy she is flying in and out of FLL. Why bother with the hassle. Thats all.