Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 2 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 3 Muir Woods - new rules
- 4 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 5 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 6 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 7 meridian
- 8 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 9 4 days in San Diego
- 10 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 11 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 12 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 13 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 14 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 15 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 16 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 17 Family winter holiday
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Galveston
- 20 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 23 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 24 Padre Islands
- 25 NYC hotels...asked often but would like suggestions
Hi everyone -