Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Santa Fe, El Paradero B&B (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/santa-fe-el-paradero-b-and-b-392615/)

bogger Jan 28th, 2004 06:33 AM

Santa Fe, El Paradero B&B

The way I get through a long cold winter in the Northeast is by planning my Fall vacation. We will take a short side trip to Santa Fe in early November and I wonder if choosing the El Paradero B&B is a good choice.

Also, since we only have a couple of days in Santa Fe, can anyone suggest a short itinerary and a good tour of Santa Fe? Maybe a favorite tour company? A restaurant with local charm? Finally, since I know how interesting and varied you all are, what is the one thing we should not miss seeing or doing while there.
Many thnaks from a cold Cape Cod.

obxgirl Jan 28th, 2004 06:57 AM

One of my favorite Santa Fe things is the Tesuque Pueblo Flea Market (some of the shops in SF sell here too). It's definitely art and craft rather than junk and household items. We allso love the Museum of International Folk Art.

Restaurant with local charm? Try The Shed and Guadalupe Cafe. Tomasita's lacks charm but is the best new mex food. More upscale is Anasazi Restaurant.

Sorry, can't comment on the El Paradero.

Sounds like some great armchair travelling!

seniormsuedu Jan 28th, 2004 11:51 AM

international folk museum on a hill overlooking the santa fe valley. the mentioned flea market on fri, sat, sun. a hired tour of santa fe is not necessary - the downtown plaza and area is fun for strolling. indian artists selling their jewelry, quaint courtyard restaurants, shops. mucho shops on canyon road. i get lost everytime i take to the streets in my car so have seen just about every inch of the town. it's fun to just eat, eat, eat, buy, buy, buy, and people watch. it's all wonderful.

from cold michigan with 10 inches of snow, 16 degrees. pick me up on the way.

ncounty Mar 28th, 2010 08:15 AM

Hi bogger,

just wondered how it was at this hotel.... I booked a reservation there and did a search and only found your post. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

ElendilPickle Mar 28th, 2010 01:22 PM

Ncounty, did you check TripAdvisor? This is a six-year-old post, so TA might have newer information.

Lee Ann

ncounty Mar 28th, 2010 01:31 PM

thanks EP..... I have checked other reviews. Just wanted fodors input if this poster is still active.

emd3 Apr 6th, 2010 03:39 PM

I have reservations to stay at El Paradero during the Fodors get together (GTG) that is happenng Sept 9-13, 2010. I wanted to make you aware that El Paradero participates in "bedandbreakfast.com" and you can buy bedandbreakfast.com gift cards from Costco.com to use at El Paradero. The Costco gift cards cost $79.99 for a $100 gift card. And there is NO ship[ping cost for the cards from costco.com. So you are paying $80 for $100 of lodging costs at this B&B if you buy and book w/the Costco gift cards.

That is what I did yesterday when I booked 4 nights for the 9/10 GTG. I bought six bedandbreakfast.com cards from costco.com, booked online and used all six of the cards for my stay at El PAradero, and saved 20% off the cost of my room for 4 nights.

You must follow the booking instructions on the back of the Costco gift cards and book ahead of time using the cards. The cards are redeemed through bedandbreakfast.com's website and can not be used to pay onsite at the B&B.

emd3 Apr 8th, 2010 01:41 PM

Topping for ncounty

ncounty Apr 8th, 2010 03:10 PM

wow, thanks emd3! I love the costco thing you figured out....I already booked my room prior to finding out about the costco cards. I am staying there as well for the gtg so our paths may cross. :) Isn't the place gorgeous based on the pics on their website?!

emd3 Apr 8th, 2010 04:57 PM

Yes, and great reviews on tripadvisor, some even mention what room they stayed in and whether they had any issues w/the rm. location, etc. Usually I stay at Sage Inn but the rates there for the GTG weekend are about $122 a night, very high for that hotel and not so far off from the rates at El Paradero.

We will definitely will have to hang out during the GTG; we can easily walk to the restaurant from El Paradero. It has a great location.