sannibel island in mid-March or latter May???

Jan 1st, 1999, 04:40 AM
carol

sannibel island in mid-March or latter May???

I am planning a trip to Sannibel for either mid-March or late May. The accomodations are much more reasonably priced in May which makes it attractive, but is it too hot at that time?? Sure would appreciate some feedback soon so I can make reservations.

Jan 2nd, 1999, 12:06 PM
jan

Hi Carol, I have been to Sanibel in May twice ('96&'97), and the weather was fine not too hot or humid, plus the place was not at all crowded. If you go be sure to hire some bikes it is a great way to see the island as there are loads of cycle paths and not too many hills!Also check out Ding Darling wild life reserve.

Jan 2nd, 1999, 05:39 PM
Betty Ann

I have lived on the coast of Florida, near Sanibel Island, for 25 years. Trust me - come in May! The two best months in south Florida are May and November. The winter (summer) tourists are gone and the summer (winter) tourists have not yet arrived, the rates, as you have discovered, are much better, and the weather is at it's best. Sanibel always has nice breezes and in May you may get a very short (20 mins.) afternoon shower - nothing to make you cancel any plans. The best thing about May is the lack of other tourists. You'll love it.

Jan 2nd, 1999, 05:43 PM
Betty Ann

You didn't ask about restaurants, but I have to mention the Bubble Room. Great funky place for any age. Kids through seniors love it.

Search this Thread