Reload this Page >

Philly Hotel/Phillies Stadium Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:34 AM
janice

Stopping over in Philly in July with our 2 boys 11 & 12.

Will be there 2 days/2 nights. Taking in a Philly's game one night, want to sightsee rest of time.

Would love hotel suggestions preferably within walking distance of some of the major sites. Also- is there public transportation to the Phillies Stadium?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:55 AM
jack

Try the Wyndham- rates are usually pretty good-

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:22 AM
kmarie

On the Phillies website, you'll find info on directions to the stadium, by car and by public transportation--

http://phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/phi/ballpark/phi_ballpark_directions.jsp

For more about the city and its attractions, see www.gophila.com

Will you be in Philadelphia for the Fourth of July? or for the week before? The celebratiion of our national holiday usually begins in Philadelphia in late June with special activities and events scheduled each day until the fourth. Have fun!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:42 AM
sandy

Will be coming up from Gettysburg after the re-enactments on July 8. Staying through 10th on return trip to Boston.

Advice on public transportation to stadium vs. driving?
As a Bostonian I much prefer taking the "T" to Fenway instead of driving- clueless on Philly-all advice welcome!!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:44 AM
philly

Here's a tip that may interest you: A lot of the visiting teams stay at the Society Hill Sheration. If your boys are into autographs, that might be a good spot to hang.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:49 AM
sandy

Back at'cha Philly- when visiting teams are in Boston they stay at the Back Bay Sheraton (must be some MLB Sheraton deal..) Keep that in mind if of interest to you/yours

Thanks for the tip- yes they are very into autographs and that could be alot of fun- will definately check into it!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:22 AM
shaggy

I believe you can take the subway to the stadiums from center city. Try the Septa website. Probably Septa.com.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:24 AM
Kate

My husband and I stayed at the Latham. I don't know how close it is to where you want to be, but through Expedia.com we got a great deal. $79.00 a night.

Believe it or not we did one day of taste testing "Philly Cheesesteaks". We went to four different recommended places and "GENOS" was the best by far. It's amazing - right diagonally across the street from Genos there is another Philly Cheesteak Place (Jim's I think). But Geno's is still the best. Can't go to Philly without having a cheesesteak. We are going to stop there on our way to D.C. Enjoy yourself!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 09:16 AM
Go phillies

Many fans will be using public transportation. From Center City, take the SEPTA Broad Street Subway Line. Exit at the last southbound stop, Pattison Avenue.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 09:29 AM
janice

Thanks for all the suggestions- are Philles tix hard to come by? We'd be going Tues 7/10/02 vs. Atlanta