Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Trip Report, But as a video story! :)

Mar 17th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Hi all!

These forums are always a wonderful place to go when planning my trips. I really enjoy reading people's trip reports, So, I thought I would start to contribute! But as I work as an animator, I thought I would put my own twist on a travel report. So I'm taking my travels and turning them into video stories that follow an animated character exploring. San Francisco is my first one done, so I thought I would share with this helpful forum!

Here's a link to the video story:

------------------------------------------
Here are the places we visited. (the places you see in the video)

-Marina:
Amazing place, beautiful waterfront, with the Golden Gate Bridge on one side and Alcatraz Island on the other. You also have the beautiful Palace of Fine Arts right by the beach. Highly recommended for a morning or afternoon stroll.

-Cable Car and Museum:
Most people know about the cable car and it is worth the wait in my opinion. It's such a lovely way to see the city, but go early or late for less wait time. One of the more overlooked places I think is the Cable Car Museum. it's basically the building that house all the engines of the cables. It is super fascinating and free.

-China Town:
One of the largest and oldest China towns outside of China. It's a really bustling area and super photogenic. Lots of yummy food and trinkets. Just walk down Grant Street. It connects downtown with Little Italy (North Beach)

-Coit Tower.
Simply amazing views of the city. Can take a bit of time in line, but totally worth it.

-Fisherman's Warf:
Pretty touristy, but kind of a fun walk. There is one place I loved, it's the Musée Mécanique. It's basically a big room of old mechanized arcade games and penny arcade. Super cool and different.

-Dolores Park:
Wonderful place to take a break and enjoy the locals. It's usually pretty packed with people, but that's what makes it fun. Grab some ice cream down the street and have fun people watching.

-Mission:
Right next to the park is the Mission, an amazing place to eat. So many yummy restaurants. Be sure to pop through Clarion Alley. It is an ever-evolving alley of street art. Really interesting art here.

-Sutro Baths:
On the West side of the city, it's the ruins of an old bathhouse. A wonderful place to catch the sunset.

-Twin Peaks.
The highest point in the city, pretty much the most breathtaking view of the city. Good any time of day, can get a little foggy at night, so be prepared.

-The Castro:
The center for San Francisco PRIDE. All are very welcome here. It's also got some wonderful restaurants...and you have to stop by Hot Cookie. They have some interesting desserts for sure. Trust me.

-North Beach:
End the night in North Beach. So many amazing Italian restaurants and bars. Check out the Vesuvio Cafe.

So that was our time in San Francisco. It's been a fun project so far...I hope you enjoy it!
-Matt

Last edited by ib_villalobos; Mar 18th, 2019 at 02:21 PM.
Mar 17th, 2019, 08:01 AM

You are truly very creative and talented to create this video of your trip. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
You have captured the real scenes and the locals through the pictures. As it is said, "A picture is worth a thousand words," you have proved that to be true.
Thanks for sharing.
Now, I would like to know where is your next trip, so we can enjoy some more of your creative work.
Have a beautiful Sunday.
Mar 17th, 2019, 08:57 AM

Really excellent work! A nice production, thanks much. It was thoroughly enjoyable.
Mar 17th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much Ileen!! I really appreciate the kind words and you taking the time to watch it. .

I do have a little preview for the next one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvH9qpXdlvM

I hope you also have a wonderful Sunday and thanks again!

-Matt

Last edited by coddiwompler; Mar 17th, 2019 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Link adjustment
Mar 17th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Nelson,

Thank you so much!! It was a lot of fun to make. Thanks again for watching!