We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bestagingcare.com/kotolena-cream/
- 2 Pest Removal Services
- 3 Serenity CBD Oil - Increase YOur Concentration Power
- 4 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 5 I'm Lee Hnetinka, What are the best places in Tampa, Florida?
- 6 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 7 Newport Beach restaurants
- 8 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 9 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 10 10 day California Trip in July
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 14 girls trip / oregon
- 15 Vegas in February
- 16 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 17 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 18 Las Vegas TR
- 19 I need help
- 20 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 21 A Few days in Museums
- 22 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 23 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions