San Francisco tour

Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

San Francisco tour

During our first visit to San Franciso, my wife and I would like to take a comprehensive tour of the city to see as much as possible.We only have 1 1/2 days before going on to Yosemite & then Monterey. Some tours include the City & Muir Woods which sounds like a lot to see in one day (but I would like to see redwoods.) Any suggestions for a tour operator?
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:43 AM

I would check with your hotel for a SF tour. I"d consider a very early start on your half day, and a private car/driver to see Muir Woods before you leave. Possibly going directly from Muir Woods to the airport, if that's your plan.
Jun 4th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Check out Gray Line tours, they have a wide variety and a day tour of the City + Muir Woods.
Jun 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
SAB

In my opinion, with only 1 1/2 days to spend in the City I would skip any tour that goes that far out of the City, i.e. to Muir Woods as going there will eat up at least half of such a tour. You can see coastal redwoods on the way to Monterey and in Big Sur--check the multiple postings about this topic.

If you have a car--take a look at Stu Dudley's driving tour of the City for a wonderful tour that you will not get from any tour company. http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=1

If you do take a tour, take one that includes as many of the items on Stu's tour as possible.

Search this Thread