We are planning a trip from Ireland to the West coast in late August / early September. We are in our 40s and are bringing our 16 year old son and 15 year old niece. So far, the best bet flight wise is Dublin - San Francisco return. We have relatives in SF to lodge with during our stay there. My sister lives in Portland OR so that's our next port of call. As we will have luggage for weeks, i reckon that internal flights will hammer us with baggage charges. I'm thinking that our best bet will be to hire a car and drive up, keep the car and drive back down at the end of the trip.
The kids are pretty laid back but not into museums etc. We love wine and food. I'm looking for suggestions for the best route that is both time efficient and fun. I'm thinking of a bit of rafting for the kids - Bend maybe??? I hoped that 3 days and 2 nights up would be enough and 2 days 1 night on the way back.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions / comments you may have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/iq-genex/
- 2 समर्थनVERIZON @ Password Reset 1:888:260:2909 VERIZON Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 4 I'm Lee Hnetinka, What are the best places in Tampa, Florida?
- 5 Las Vegas TR
- 6 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 7 10 day California Trip in July
- 8 Pest Removal Services
- 9 Serenity CBD Oil - Increase YOur Concentration Power
- 10 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 11 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 12 Newport Beach restaurants
- 13 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 14 NY theater district restaurant
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 17 girls trip / oregon
- 18 Vegas in February
- 19 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 20 I need help
- 21 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 22 A Few days in Museums
- 23 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 24 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?