Search

nyc tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 1997, 04:09 AM
gil wiliams

nyc tickets

My wife and I will be visiting NYC in mid July is it possible to get tickets to "Saturday Night Live" or "The Letterman". How do I go about getting them?

Old Jun 23rd, 1997, 05:57 PM
tami

Been there, done that! We go every fall for a few days and do all the TV shows - even waited all night in the biggest rainstorm of 40 years for SNL tickets! (Worth it!) Unfortunately, SNL is done for the season. Not sure about Letterman, but if they're still taping, you can get standby tickets at the theater the day of the show. (Long wait for mail requests, probably not enough time.) Ed Sullivan Theater, 1697 Broadway. Stand by tickets distributed at noon, lines usually form earlier. THEN you have to go back, stand in line again that evening and maybe not even get in! Not sure you will find it worth it - wasting a lot of valuable NY time in line for one show. Of all the TV shows we've been to, it was my least favorite time. (except Maury - stinko!) LIVE with Regis is much more audience friendly, but standby line usually forms by 6AM. Whatever you do, have fun!

Old Jun 24th, 1997, 05:48 PM
Tom Zee

I understand there is a 6 to 8 month waiting list for NYC TV shows, but what about theater and plays?

Any good ideas for a nice affordable place to stay near the theater district?

How about an affordable restaurant?

Old Jun 24th, 1997, 07:45 PM
sag

I know my daughter ordered tickets in March by the Internet for David Letterman. It said six months. When we were in NYC in March. The lines started at noon and they let in only 100. Foder's guide gives you the details. You could call the Ed Sullivan theatre and get details.

Old Jun 24th, 1997, 07:48 PM
sag

Edison Hotel, across from Barrymore theatre. Business rates are good also.