San Francisco itinerary

Old Dec 31st, 2015, 02:50 PM
erp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco itinerary

Hi. I'm helping my sister plan her 50 birthday this August. She's planning on visiting SF with her husband for about 6-7 days from the East Coast. At first she wanted to include travel to San Diego but has decided to focus time in SF with maybe a day or two in Napa. Looking for help with itinerary and hotel/ meal recommendations.

Can you please:
Hotel suggestions: moderate price $200-250 per night. Centrally located as they won't have a car.
Meals--a mix of local faves and some moderate priced
Itinerary--suggestions on the best to see
Napa-- should they stay overnight and is there a service to take them there. Or should they rent a car Towards of week and drive there/stay overnight/leave for sirport from there.

A lot of questions I know and appreciate your feedback. Happy new year!!
Old Dec 31st, 2015, 05:17 PM

Here are some ideas:

http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...mendations.cfm

We're about to head into The City to have our New Year's Eve dinner at Isa in the Marina District.
http://www.isarestaurant.com/

Stu Dudley
Old Dec 31st, 2015, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just a few suggestions. Try to stay in the areas of Union Square east, maybe even the Financial District.

Search here for trip reports or advice. Lots of ideas and suggestions.

If they want to check out Napa or Sonoma County wine areas, they should plan 1 or 2 nights and have a car.
Old Jan 1st, 2016, 06:47 PM

Reservations are a must in the Napa Valley in August..be prepared for $300 plus/night
When I say "Valley" I mean Yountville, St. Helena & Calistoga
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 12:48 PM
erp
Original Poster

With the holidays and so much going on, I forgot about this!! Please let me know any suggestions. Thanks.
Old Jan 21st, 2016, 02:02 PM

I'm a frequent visitor of SF, so I've found that staying at the financial district is somewhat central but a lot cheaper than staying in union square. Some of the smaller boutique hotels in union square are advertised on groupon sometimes.

I'd plan to spend a few hours and maybe a meal in Chinatown. It's on the larger side compared to other cities and much to see with the shops lining the street. You can find some cheap local foods there. I tried Burma Love which is located in the mission and was awesome food. A local friend took us there. For other local eateries and things to do, try looking on tripext. It's a texting app that connects you to locals in the area. It seems to be relatively new, but there was a good following in SF that I got connected to for some local spots.

Happy planning!