Search

San Francisco Hotel Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco Hotel Recommendations

Hello,
My girlfriend and I are planning a three night stay in San Francisco in June. I currently have a reservation at the Hotel Rex but was wondering if anyone might have any other hotel suggestions in the same price range ($200/night). Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:32 AM
MaureenB

We stayed at The Hotel Rex a couple of years ago, and thought it was very nice. Great location, public parking available in a garage that's affordable, quaint hotel with good service and prices.

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 09:16 AM

Never stayed at the Rex, but we have stayed at the Hotel Nikko, also in Union Square area, and really liked it. You can get a room there in that price range.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM

Why would you change? Location is great, food and shopping close, public transport there or close. Unless you don't like the price... Shop around!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 04:07 PM

Love the Hotel Monaco.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:49 PM

Starsville I really am LOL. I almost suggested the Villa Florence if tmoon did not want to stay at the Hotel Rex (not familar with that hotel btw) but I thought..bet Starsville will post regarding the Hotel Monaco. Gotcha!!

tmoon, Faina lives and works in SF and she is obviously well familar with the hotel, I am not.

I usually stay at the Villa Florence (Kimpton Hotel as is the Hotel Monaco) but Starsville always stays at the Hotel Monaco. It has become a joke between us..so excuse me for highjacking your thread.

But if you want to check out other hotels looking on the Kimpton website would give you some ideas.

Have a wonderful time in San Francisco!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:55 PM

Well, I smiled as I typed it, knowing you would come across it!

And, darn! We won't be able to travel together. You are neat and I'm a slob - in hotel rooms anyway!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:06 PM

My wife and I also stayed at the Villa Florence last December and very much enjoyed it. But like other people are pointing out, there are probably quite a few nice, boutique-type hotels in that area and price range that are very nice. I liked that the Villa Florence was right on the trolley line.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:07 PM

Well, Rex is #6 in SF, so stay where you are!

The website had very cool feature. Hotel Matchmaker. Enter your variables and it will select some hotels for you. There are even activities at the bottom of the page you might enjoy. Fun feature!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:35 AM

Ha ha LoveItaly, you know I don't stay at hotels... and no, didn't stay at Rex, but was inside for a concert, and saw the bar there, and the restaurant, and great location. If the price is right, why not?