Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   San Francisco GTG 10/31 (report) (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/san-francisco-gtg-10-31-report-955346/)

Dayenu Nov 1st, 2012 08:58 AM

San Francisco GTG 10/31 (report)

So the 6 of us gathered on the dark rainy Halloween night around the black pot… err… dinner table at the Lemongrass on Polk Street. Thereyet, in a costume of an injured person, wearing a boot and supported by 2 crutches, arrived in a personal limousine driven by Arts’n’letters. We haven’t believed for a moment he broke his leg!

Abrantz took on a role of a designated driver giving the Nelsonians and me a ride home, thank you for that. A warning to everybody who’ll be meeting the Nelsonians in other towns: they are a delightful couple, you will fall in love with them!

We did not talk politics, except Thereyet had produced a bag full of Obama voting buttons – I got one… in Hebrew! I’ll post the photo. Poor Thereyet, he tried to figure out everybody’s food restrictions or a lack thereof, to place the food order.

I think everybody was satisfied with the last minute restaurant choice: the one in Oakland was closed, we had only one day to find a substitute on the day of Giants’ parade and festivities and halloween night. The food was good. Some dishes were served steaming and boiling! We will not discuss drinks.

There is nothing else to tell. It was another pleasant evening with good food and friendly conversation. Looking forward to many more!

P_M Nov 1st, 2012 09:46 AM

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, I wish I could have been there. Thanks for the report.

Dayenu Nov 1st, 2012 09:51 AM

P_M, just say the word :D You know we are a fun bunch, come over!

cigalechanta Nov 1st, 2012 09:58 AM

a short but sweet report, Faina,
Now the pictures?

paula1470 Nov 1st, 2012 10:26 AM

Sounds like a great time. Wish I could have been there but I need to stay home once in awhile!!

Dayenu Nov 1st, 2012 10:36 AM

I will post pictures, just need some time. This should be done at home, didn't have time yesterday.

Kal Nov 1st, 2012 12:50 PM

Sorry I missed it. :-<
The resto was "rolling down Polk" distance from my fave SF watering hole, Shanghai Kelly's.

BIL wishes he'll only need crutches for the next 3-6 mos. Luckily they will be transporting him back to Sac for the surgery.
And my buddy's chemo starts next Monday...fingers crossed.

Enjoy the rest our your tour of our nice little country Nelsonian. :)>-

Dayenu Nov 1st, 2012 01:02 PM

Kal: when it rains, it pours :( Sorry!

Dayenu Nov 1st, 2012 03:58 PM

Paula, is another visit in the making? :)

Dayenu Nov 2nd, 2012 11:05 AM

Some photos are here. In transition of the photos to computer lost the best shots :( and some weird colors! Maybe my camera is not as good as I hoped. But outside it's fine.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/375294/index.html

nelsonian Nov 2nd, 2012 01:49 PM

Great photos Dayenu, loved meeting all of you, we really enjoyed the GTG.

cigalechanta Nov 2nd, 2012 03:20 PM

Thanks faina. I hope thereyet has asked to be reinstated. He's missed by alot of posters.
Another poster asked and is back.

mztery Nov 2nd, 2012 04:47 PM

too bad it was on halloween when a lot of us were not able to go...hope the nelsonians enjoyed BBB

nelsonian Nov 3rd, 2012 06:06 AM

We loved beach Blanket Babylon myztery.

CaliNurse Nov 3rd, 2012 08:13 AM

Dayenu Mrs. Again, next time, write me via FB!! Sorry I missed this. Didn't work on Halloween. Where were you gonna go in Oakland?
Kal, best wishes to your BIL , and especially your friend , with the round of chemo. NOt in East Bay, is it? If ever the case, let me know. Sill at hospital, and still work on the oncology floor.

LSky Nov 3rd, 2012 11:06 AM

Looks like fun and very enlightening. I always thought thereyet was a woman. Hey dude!

Toucan2 Nov 4th, 2012 02:57 AM

How great that you were able to get together, thank you for both the report and the pictures. Love the button!

I do wish I was somewhere near one of the stops on the Nelsonian GTG tour 2012!

annw Nov 4th, 2012 08:20 AM

Sorry to miss it. Great campaign button. :))

Dayenu Nov 6th, 2012 03:04 PM

OK, all of you, remember, next year at South Tahoe. Dunno yet when, but definitely will be posting on Fodor's and F-book.