Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

medieval jousting/dinner Buena Park--Is it worth it??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:24 AM
patsy

Hi, I'm going to Long Beach to visit my college age son this long weekend. He suggested visiting the aquarium in LB, IMAX theatre (star wars), and a Medieval Dinner/jousting show. How does this sound? I looked it up on the web but couldn't find PRICES or real nuts and bolts info.....any suggestions?? Thanks,patsy

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Susan

I've been to this "Medieval Times" a few times. It is fun, especially for high school parties, and perhaps college age kids. I don't remember the prices, but the food isn't the real draw, it's the entertainment. The food is very simple, as befitting a medieval dinner, with meat on the bone, etc. If you want to spring for one or two of his friends to join you it might be a real treat, and it's more fun with a group.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:55 AM
xxx

It is fun for adults if you drink enough beer.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:03 AM
David

Patsy,

We went to "Medieval Times" a few years ago and enjoyed it. As Susan pointed out, the food isn't the draw but the overall experience is quite memorable and fun. It's one of those things that everybody should do at least once.

BTW, the LB aquarium is fantastic.

Davidcs

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:17 PM
SD_Resident

We were there about 4 yrs ago and we had a good time. YOur section gets a color and you cheer for that knight. The food is good, but no utensils, soup you sip from the bowl, chicken on the leg (I think). My memory says something like $45? I'm sure you could call, I think you need to make reservations anyway.

Have a great time!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Thyra

We were there for my 24th birthday, which was fun... drank tons of beer.. cheered the knights.. not high art or anything but for for a one time deal.