Notices

San Francisco - Cow Hollow Area Questions

Old Sep 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco - Cow Hollow Area Questions

Need dining recommendations within walking distance of Cow Hollow Motor Inn, mod. price-Italian, Steak, Homestyle, no Chinese, Thai, etc. for 3.

How safe is it for me (40'ish Female) to go out by myself at night for a drink or coffee and dessert?

Have 10:30am flight out of SF. How much time should I allow for a Thursday morning (need to return car rental)?

Is it safe for me to run early Thursday morning by myself? Any suggestions for a 4 mile route?
Thanks
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Italian - Ristobar on Chestnut Street, three blocks from your hotel.

Flight is 10:30, working backwards -- assume you want to be at the airport at 9:30, at car rental renturn at 9:00, so leave hotel around 8:20 (earlier if you want to allow for traffic (there will be some, but you should still be at the car rental return comfortably in a half hour-45 minutes) or if you want to be at the airport more than an hour before your flight).

Yes, it is safe for you to run -- look at Googlemaps, just a few blocks from your hotel is the Marina Green -- lots of runners, you will not be alone!
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 05:47 AM

I would never want to step on sf7303's sage advice, but OP will need to refuel car and that is tricky [or we thought so].

Also, I would personally never call it so close, I like to err on the side of caution when having to drive in an unfamiliar city, in morning traffic, refueling car, returning said car, needing to take the "train" from car return to terminal, going through security etc.

I like a cushion of time which makes me less stressed, so I would start an hour earlier than suggested. That's just me.

Have a great time in my favorite city!
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Debit, I don't disagree at all! An extra hour would definitely lessen the stress...

OP, if you need advice on where to get gas on your way back to the rental car place, let me know (it's not hard IF you know where to go).
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM

We also stayed at Cow Hollow Suites a couple of years ago and found lots of dining options. We located a IHOP nearby for breakfast the first day (sentimental - ours have all closed!), but the best breakfast was right at the restaurant attached to the hotel. On the side street where the garage entrance is (Steiner, I think) there were at least 3-4 small restaurants, as well as on Chestnut and further down Lombard (away from downtown) there was a good irish pub with evening entertainment. It seemed a very safe area - we walked all over at night.
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

I forgot about the gas...where would the best location be to fill up?
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 08:43 AM

If you want to fill up relatively near the car rental center, exit 101 heading west on San Bruno Avenue (the car rental center is east on San Bruno Avenue). I'm not positive there is a gas station on San Bruno Avenue, but if there's not, you're very close to El Camino Real. Once you reach El Camino, turn left or right and you will find a gas station nearby. Then to return to the car rental center, go east on San Bruno Avenue, but do not get back on the freeway. Cross over the freeway and there are signs directing you to the car rental center, which is just south of San Bruno Avenue.