I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://supplementsrevolution.com/xaxtus-tboost/
- 2 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 5 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 6 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 7 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 8 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 9 Muir Woods - new rules
- 10 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 11 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 12 Padre Islands
- 13 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 14 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 15 NASHVILLE
- 16 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 17 4 days in San Diego
- 18 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 19 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 20 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 21 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Galveston
- 24 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot