san fran - juliana hotel??

Aug 30th, 2001, 05:28 AM
kristin

san fran - juliana hotel??

Hi there. Anyone stayed in or know anything about the Juliana Hotel in SF (Nob Hill, I believe)? We'll be staying there in a couple of weeks, but I didn't choose the spot, so I'm curious. Also, any great restaurant recommendations in the neighborhood? Thanks!

Aug 30th, 2001, 11:01 PM
lani

hi kristin,

a friend stayed there a few years ago (i was at another hotel). if i can recall correctly, it was on a steep hill. it's a boutique hotel and was very nice in the lobby. my friend had a superior room which was very pleasant and bright, i imagine the standard rooms are pretty small as her room was smaller than ours at the sheraton. i think it has been renovated since she was there.

i can't remember any specific good restaurants nearby, we seemed to always be in chinatown for meals which is close by. it's a fairly easy walk to union square, although the uphill side was a little tough after walking about the city all day!

have a great time!

Aug 30th, 2001, 11:33 PM
XXXX

Hello Kristin,
I had a brief internship at this hotel about seven years ago or so. It was a very nice, small boutique hotel and I know they have renovated it since then. I would definitely recommend it. Britt Hume (the journalist) was one of the guests there. It is indeed located right next to China Town but also a few blocks from Union Square.
Have fun.

Sep 4th, 2001, 02:37 PM
kristin

Thanks to both of you... sounds like it will be lovely, and the small rooms will just ensure that we spend most of our time out and about, which is why we're going to SF in the first place, right? Anyway, thanks again!

Search this Thread